Articles on WS site
A series written which explains how the publishing business works by an insider.
Eight pages on getting started, taking you from Making Submissions to Finding an Agent.
Seven articles to advise and help anybody who makes extensive use of computers.
A former publisher, novelist and author of 12 books on writing, Michael Legat has produced a series of specially commissioned information-packed Factsheets for WritersServices, which cover the essentials for writers.
These web links have been reviewed briefly by our staff or suggested by you.
Our choice of the best books on writing, with enough detail to help you decide whether they'd be useful for you. Maureen Kincaid Speller a reviewer, writer, editor and former librarian, is our book reviewer and also works for WritersServices as a freelance editor., freelance editor, reviewer, writer and former librarian, is our reviewer.
New section providing reviews and links for software for writers.
Lists, reviews and supplies books for writers with Amazon associated round the world.
An innovative service enabling writers to publish and market their own work. The service uses Print on Demand and makes the titles available through mainstream distribution. It even collects the money on behalf of the author.
There's even a set of fictionalised letters which attempt to warn self-publishers of the problems they will face.
A whole section of practical web and computer how-to which is there to help users cross their particular technical frontier.
Key material freely available for those running courses for writers.
How WritersServices can help you...
- New Novelist--Start Writing Your Novel - (130)
- Word count to page (100)
- Dictionary of Printing and Publishing - P.H. Collin (90)
- Glossary (88)
- The Forgotten Battle of Fulford 1066 - Charles Jones (82)
- Advances & Royalties | Inside Publishing (81)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Well (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback)) - Laurie Rozakis Ph.D. (80)
- Writing Your Dissertation: The bestselling guide to planning, preparing and presenting first-class work (The How to Series) - Derek Swetnam, Ruth Swetnam (79)