15 August 2002
WritersServices will again publish the UK and US literary agents' listings from the 2003 edition of the Pan Macmillan Writer’s Handbook. Over 350 agents are listed with advice on the type of work to send and how to approach each agent.
'The lists have been immensely popular with visitors to the site' said Chris Holifield, of WritersServices. 'New writers know that finding a literary agent is a major step on the road to becoming a published writer.'
This year, the listing has been expanded to include UK scouts. Literary scouts gather information from UK agents, publishers and editors on behalf of foreign publishers. They only work with material that has already been commissioned or work being handled by an agent. They do not accept any unsolicited material.
The WritersServices site has been set up to help writers get published. The services offered on the website include reports, editing, copy editing, rewriting and contract-vetting, all using experienced freelance editors and other experts.
How WritersServices can help you...
- Word count to page (25)
- Journalism Online - Mike Ward (22)
- Publishing Glossary (19)
- Authors break through (18)
- Microsoft Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers - (18)
- The White Ladder Diaries: The Pain and Pleasure of Launching a Business - Ros Jay (17)
- The Art of Punctuation - Noah Lukeman (16)
- The Small Press Guide 2003: The Complete Guide to Poetry and Small Press Magazines (Writers' Bookshop) - (16)