- Are you ready to submit your synopsis and sample chapters to agents or publishers, but worried about whether you are presenting your work in the best possible way?
- How you can give your work its best chance when you submit it to agents or publishers? You'll get just a few moments to convince the reader to take a closer look, so your submission material needs to work hard and to give the best possible presentation of your work.
This service will give you a professional view of your submission material and clear suggestions for any improvements.
- The Submission Critique Service will look at your submission package – the outline of a non-fiction work or the synopsis of your novel, your sample chapters and your submission letter and any biography or other material you may be planning to include. Although we would generally recommend that the submission package should not consist of more than 5,000 words, you can include a total of up to 10,000 words for assessment.
- The editor will be an experienced professional with many years of experience in editing and the skill to advise you on how to improve your submission material. This service requires a rounded knowledge of the publishing business, considerable expertise and familiarity with the market.
- Send your submission material to us as an email attachment in Word or RTF, and we will also comment on the layout and presentation.
- The Submission Critique Service provides constructive criticism and specific suggestions, showing how you can rework the synopsis and sample chapters to improve them and give yourself a better chance of finding an agent or publisher.
What it costs
The fee for the Submission Critique Service is £90. This includes assessing the synopsis or outline itself, sample chapters, your submission letter, and any other material you may want to include up to a maximum of 10,000 words. In the case of this particular service the expertise required is greater than the reading time, which is why the fee is relatively high.
This fee is payable in advance.
Please send your material in one unzipped Word file, not as separate files.
See some of the Endorsements/Testimonials WritersServices has received from satisfied customers
Order Process Help
|Services Stories Ordering Exchange calculator||Services for writers
We operate from the UK and under the financial rules and regulations of the UK
How WritersServices can help you...
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Screenwriting - Skip Press (3)
- Can't Live Without - Joanne Phillips (3)
- How to Plot Your Novel (Writers' guides) - Jean Saunders (3)
- Harold Ober Associates Inc. (3)
- One Continuous Mistake (Arkana) - Gail Sher (3)
- Hill Nadell Inc. (2)
- Three Rules for Writing a Novel: A Guide to Story Development - William Noble (2)
- Gregory & Company Authors’ Agents (2)