These pages assemble the available advice and will include:
- Medical problems known collectively as Repetitive Strain Injury or RSI.
- Special conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Your working environment and office equipment.
- How to you check the set-up of your working environment
- You must have a good chair
- Establish good work habits
- Eyes and how they work
- Make it easy on your eyes
- Why and when we need glasses
- There is a choice of input devices.
- These can affect your working position
- They can save the amount you have to input
You have to interpret all the information sensibly
- People, computers, desks, rooms and chairs are all built differently.
- You will frequently find that you cannot obey all the 'rules' you are given.
But, if you absorb the information from this series, it will help you recognise potential problems and point yourself in the direction of a solution.
There is a golden rule. 'If it hurts or aches, you need to change something in your working environment.' If the problem persists, seek expert help. Do not ignore the problem. It will not go away by itself.
Some pages are devoted to preventing RSI. Cure is difficult once damage has been done.
- 'No pain, no gain' might be fine for bodybuilders who accept the consequences. It also works for athletes exercising their cardio-vascular system who, along with their trainer, know what they are doing.
- It is the wrong motto for the writer. You will experience enough pain from the frequent rejection of your creative work without adding to it with physical pain.
- Your Working Environment
- Input devices
- Your display
- The computer chair
- Looking after your eyes
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
How WritersServices can help you...
- Dictionary of Printing and Publishing - P.H. Collin (21)
- 101 Ways to Make Poems Sell: The Salt Guide to Getting and Staying Published (Salt Guides for Readers and Writers) - Chris Hamilton-Emery (21)
- Agent Listings (21)
- Rotten Rejections: The Letters That Publishers Wish They'd Never Sent - Andre Bernard (18)
- Word count to page (17)
- Successful Script Writing: How to Write and Pitch Winning Scripts for Movies, Sitcoms, Soaps and Serials - Jurgen Wolff, Kerry Cox (17)
- Our Editorial Services (14)
- Poetry Writers' Yearbook 2007 (Writers' and Artists') - (13)