Press Coverage 1
'Chris HolifieldManaging director of WritersServices; spent working life in publishing,employed by everything from global corporations to start-ups; track record includes: editorial director of Sphere Books, publishing director of The Bodley Head, publishing director for start-up of upmarket book club, The Softback Preview, editorial director of Britain’s biggest book club group, BCA, and, most recently, deputy MD and publisher of Cassell & Co. She is also currently the Director of the Poetry Book Society; During all of this time aware of problems faced by writers, as publishing changed from idiosyncratic cottage industry, 'occupation for gentlemen', into corporate business of today. Writers encountered increasing difficulty in getting books edited or published. Authors create the books which are the raw material for the whole business. She believes it is time to bring them back to centre stage. has set up a new website for writers (WritersServices.com) employing a team of freelance editors and offering links and free resources for writers.
'Unpublished writers have a difficult time trying to get someone to comment on their work, especially now that many big publishers and some literary agencies don't read their slush piles," said Holifield. 'We hope to provide the feedback which is essential for writers to enable them to work on their writing and improve its chances of publication.'
How WritersServices can help you...
- Writing Your Dissertation: The bestselling guide to planning, preparing and presenting first-class work (The How to Series) - Derek Swetnam, Ruth Swetnam (11)
- US agent listings (11)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Well (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback)) - Laurie Rozakis Ph.D. (7)
- Creative Web Writing - Jane Dorner (7)
- Word count to page (6)
- Writing Your Life Story - Michael Legat (6)
- New Novelist--Start Writing Your Novel - (6)
- The Writer's Handbook 2006 (Writer's Handbook (Palgrave)) - Barry Turner (5)