Chris Holifield is the managing director of WritersServices. She has spent her working life in publishing, employed by everything from global corporations to start-ups. Her track record includes working as editorial director of Sphere Books, publishing director of The Bodley HeadRandom House imprint, publishing director for the start-up of the upmarket book club, The Softback Preview, editorial director of Britain’s biggest book club group, BCA, and, most recently, deputy MD and publisher of Cassell & Co. She is also currently the Director of the Poetry Book SocietySpecialist book club founded by T S Eliot in 1953, which aims to offer the best new poetry published in the UK and Ireland. Members buy at 25% discount. The PBS has a handsome new website at www.poetrybooks.co.uk.
During all of this time she has been aware of the problems faced by writers, as publishing has changed from an idiosyncratic cottage industry, ‘an occupation for gentlemen’, into the corporate business of today. Writers have encountered increasing difficulty in getting their books edited or published. Authors create the books which are the raw material for the whole business. She believes it is time to bring them back to centre stage.
Chas Jonesauthor; formerly nerd responsible for keeping the site running; spent over 25 years in computer business; started out dusting bugs off valves, but in time graduated to writing software and managing projects; as published author with stack of waiting-to-be-published manuscripts tucked away, WritersServices is answer to his silent prayer; his book 'Ordinary Heroes' An extraordinary true story of wartime adventure; recently published book about Battle of Fulford-'Fulford the forgotten battle of 1066', published by Tempus ISBN 0752438107 is the nerd responsible for keeping the site running. He has spent 25 years in the computer business. He started out dusting bugs off the valves, but in time graduated to writing software and managing projects. As a published author with a stack of waiting-to-be-published manuscripts tucked away, WritersServices is the answer to his silent prayer. His book 'Ordinary Heroes', an extraordinary true story of wartime adventure, and he has recently published a book about the Battle of Fulford. 'Fulford the forgotten battle of 1066', published by Tempus ISBN 0752438107.(Follow this link to order a signed copy of the book.
How WritersServices can help you...
- Word count to page (17)
- Making an index using Word (13)
- Writing Popular Fiction (Writing Handbooks) - Rona Randall (13)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Well (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback)) - Laurie Rozakis Ph.D. (13)
- Writing Your Dissertation: The bestselling guide to planning, preparing and presenting first-class work (The How to Series) - Derek Swetnam, Ruth Swetnam (12)
- 101 Ways to Make Poems Sell: The Salt Guide to Getting and Staying Published (Salt Guides for Readers and Writers) - Chris Hamilton-Emery (11)
- How to Write and Sell Your First Novel - Oscar Collier (11)
- Troublesome Words - Bill Bryson (10)