WritersServices Education Resource Centre has been produced to help those providing writing courses. There are nearly 80 pages formatted ready for use as handouts or in course material.
The simple format is designed to make it easy for you to print on A4 sized paper. You can also get pages from the main site to print by going to the print icon below the main body of the text.
Condition of use
You may make copies of the pages for educational purposes. If you wish to alter the format or extract from the material, please apply for permission. This will normally be granted free of charge.
The material is the copyright of the authors and WritersServices. The copyright notice must be acknowledged by leaving the notice included on each page.
We have enlisted the help of a number of distinguished writers and publishing figures to develop our Writers' Resources. This part of the site has become a massive resource base for writers.
A former publisher, novelist and author of twelve books on writing, Michael Legat has produced for WritersServices a series of specially commissioned information-packed factsheets, which cover the essentials for writers.
A series of nineteen articles written by Chris Holifield, which explains the inside workings of the publishing business.
Writers Services Self-publishing offers a print on demand design and production service and a marketing service. This collection of forty-five articles explains how to prepare, publish and market a book. It includes many of the legal as well as the technical aspects of publication.
Writer's cramp and eye problems plagued writers of previous generations. As writers now spend a lot of time at their computer there are new risks, which this series investigates.
Our page of links to Advice for Writers is a good way to access a lot of information on the site.
Other advice for writers
There are other useful educational sections
Please note taht you can also get pages from the main site to print by clicking on the print icon below the main body of the text.
How WritersServices can help you...
- Word count to page (70)
- Ebooks and discounts drive 98 publishers out of business | Books | theguardian.com (45)
- Rotten Rejections: The Letters That Publishers Wish They'd Never Sent - Andre Bernard (38)
- New Novelist--Start Writing Your Novel - (37)
- 101 Ways to Make Poems Sell: The Salt Guide to Getting and Staying Published (Salt Guides for Readers and Writers) - Chris Hamilton-Emery (34)
- Dictionary of Printing and Publishing - P.H. Collin (29)
- The Forgotten Battle of Fulford 1066 - Charles Jones (29)
- An Author's Guide to Publishing - Michael Legat (29)