BBC My Story 2009
BBC My Story
New Prize for a short story of 300 to 1500 words + a brief summary
Closing date 16 December 2009
Open only to UK residents who are over 18
First prize: a publishing deal with HarperTrue
My Story is a story telling competition to find the nation's most remarkable true stories. The most compelling stories will be told on BBC One in 2010 and the winners will see their experiences published as paperback books. Stories may be published on the website if they conform with the My Story online House Rules.
True stories have inspired some of the most successful books and films of all time; by offering the chance to follow in their footsteps, My Story is a BBC campaign that hopes to get the whole nation writing and reading.
How WritersServices can help you...
- Web Research tool (31)
- Word count to page (17)
- History of the Apostolic Faith Mission of Africa - Happiers Simbo (17)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Well (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback)) - Laurie Rozakis Ph.D. (16)
- Flying The Flag - John Taylor (15)
- 101 Ways to Make Poems Sell: The Salt Guide to Getting and Staying Published (Salt Guides for Readers and Writers) - Chris Hamilton-Emery (15)
- An Author's Guide to Literary Agents - Michael Legat (15)
- The Forest for the Trees: An Editor's Advice to Writers - Betsy Lerner (14)