2014 Cardiff International Poetry Competition
The 2014 Cardiff International Poetry Competition is now open for entries. The competition offers one of the largest monetary prizes for a poetry competition of its kind. First prize is £5,000. Additional prizes are £500 for second place, £250 for third and five runners-up receive £50 each. All entries to the competition will be judged anonymously, so this is a great opportunity to have your poetry judged on its own merits.
Poems must be written in English and be unpublished.
The hard task of judging the 2014 competition will be down to award-winning poets Lemn Sissay, Rhian Edwards and filter judge Samantha Wynne-Rhydderch.
How to enter
You may also like...
How WritersServices can help you...
- Word count to page (147)
- US agent listings (96)
- The Forest for the Trees: An Editor's Advice to Writers - Betsy Lerner (86)
- The Romantic Ethic and the Spirit of Modern Consumerism - Prof Colin Campbell (75)
- Writing Your Dissertation: The bestselling guide to planning, preparing and presenting first-class work (The How to Series) - Derek Swetnam, Ruth Swetnam (72)
- The Joy of Writing Sex - Elizabeth Benedict (71)
- Creative Web Writing - Jane Dorner (71)
- 501 Writer's Questions Answered: Comprehensive Guide to Writing and Getting Published - Nancy Smith (69)