2014 Cardiff International Poetry Competition
The 2014 Cardiff International Poetry Competition is now open for entries. The competition offers one of the largest monetary prizes for a poetry competition of its kind. First prize is £5,000. Additional prizes are £500 for second place, £250 for third and five runners-up receive £50 each. All entries to the competition will be judged anonymously, so this is a great opportunity to have your poetry judged on its own merits.
Poems must be written in English and be unpublished.
The hard task of judging the 2014 competition will be down to award-winning poets Lemn Sissay, Rhian Edwards and filter judge Samantha Wynne-Rhydderch.
How to enter
You may also like...
How WritersServices can help you...
- International Scripts (3)
- The Elements of Style - William Strunk Jr., E. B. White (2)
- Jane Judd Literary Agency (2)
- Gustave Flaubert | 'It is a delicious thing to write, to be no longer yourself but to ... (1)
- WritersServices Self-publishing Guide 6 (1)
- John Stammers | 'I think readers who aren’t used to reading contemporary poetry are ... (1)
- 101 Ways to Make Poems Sell: The Salt Guide to Getting and Staying Published (Salt Guides for Readers and Writers) - Chris Hamilton-Emery (1)
- Elements of Style for Screenwriters - Paul Argentini (1)