Search this part of WritersServices web for a key word
Search for pages in this part of the web containing specific words or
phrases. The text search engine will display a weighted list of matching
documents, with better matches shown first.
|Each list item is a link to a matching document; if the document has a
title it will be shown, otherwise only the document's file name is
|A brief explanation of the query language is
available, along with examples.|
1 Search Writers How-to
2 Search the whole WritersServices site or
3 Search the world wide web
The text search engine allows queries to be formed from arbitrary Boolean
expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT, and grouped with
parentheses. For example:
- information retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' or 'retrieval'
- information or retrieval
- same as above
- information and retrieval
- finds documents containing both 'information' and 'retrieval'
- information not retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' but not 'retrieval'
- (information not retrieval) and WAIS
- finds documents containing 'WAIS', plus 'information' but not
- finds documents containing words starting with 'web'