The People's Novelist 2011
The People's Novelist
First Prize: a one-book deal with HarperFiction, plus an advance of £10,000
Deadline: 1 July 2011
No entry fee
Open to UK residents only.
HarperCollins has teamed up with ITV1's "The Alan Titchmarsh Show" to find "The People's Novelist".
The competition to track down a new commercial fiction talent was launched today (6th May) on the afternoon show and will run through to the autumn. Bestselling novelist Cathy Kelly is to head the three-person judging team, which also includes Titchmarsh, plus one other unconfirmed judge.
Kelly said: "I'm simply thrilled to be a part of the People's Novelist competition. There's a wealth of wonderful talent out there, so many marvelous writers who are just waiting for a chance to be published . . .
"This competition is about nurturing wonderful talent and giving a marvellous new author a chance to shine."
Authors need to submit their entries by 1 July, with the final 12 contestants to appear in a series of heats during a week in the autumn. The final winner will be chosen by the judges and will win a one-book deal with HarperFiction, plus an advance of £10,000. Their novel will be published in 2012.
Full details for applicants will be listed on the website for the show
You may also like...
How WritersServices can help you...
- The Forgotten Battle of Fulford 1066 - Charles Jones (8)
- Agent Listings (8)
- A Writer's Guide to the Internet (Writers' Guides) - Trevor Ralph Lockwood, Karen Scott (7)
- Writing for Children and Getting Published (Teach Yourself (McGraw-Hill)) - Allen Frewin Jones, Lesley Pollinger (6)
- US agent listings (6)
- Michelle Kass Associates (6)
- Lightsleep - Matthew S. Batham (6)
- Worlds of Wonder: How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy - David Gerrold (6)