The People's Novelist 2011
The People's Novelist
First Prize: a one-book deal with HarperFiction, plus an advance of £10,000
Deadline: 1 July 2011
No entry fee
Open to UK residents only.
HarperCollins has teamed up with ITV1's "The Alan Titchmarsh Show" to find "The People's Novelist".
The competition to track down a new commercial fiction talent was launched today (6th May) on the afternoon show and will run through to the autumn. Bestselling novelist Cathy Kelly is to head the three-person judging team, which also includes Titchmarsh, plus one other unconfirmed judge.
Kelly said: "I'm simply thrilled to be a part of the People's Novelist competition. There's a wealth of wonderful talent out there, so many marvelous writers who are just waiting for a chance to be published . . .
"This competition is about nurturing wonderful talent and giving a marvellous new author a chance to shine."
Authors need to submit their entries by 1 July, with the final 12 contestants to appear in a series of heats during a week in the autumn. The final winner will be chosen by the judges and will win a one-book deal with HarperFiction, plus an advance of £10,000. Their novel will be published in 2012.
Full details for applicants will be listed on the website for the show
You may also like...
How WritersServices can help you...
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Well (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback)) - Laurie Rozakis Ph.D. (99)
- Word count to page (82)
- New Novelist--Start Writing Your Novel - (72)
- 101 Ways to Make Poems Sell: The Salt Guide to Getting and Staying Published (Salt Guides for Readers and Writers) - Chris Hamilton-Emery (70)
- Writing Your Dissertation: The bestselling guide to planning, preparing and presenting first-class work (The How to Series) - Derek Swetnam, Ruth Swetnam (65)
- Rotten Rejections: The Letters That Publishers Wish They'd Never Sent - Andre Bernard (61)
- The Forgotten Battle of Fulford 1066 - Charles Jones (60)
- Oxford Dictionary of English - (47)