Do you want to get your script accepted and produced for the stage or screen? This is one of the most competitive areas to get into, with very few open doors. The glamour and potential financial rewards of writing for performance are contrasted with the brutal reality of rejection, or no response at all, which is what is actually experienced by many aspiring writers.
A number of websites exist in the States to peddle the dream of making it and selling your screenplay to Hollywood. We’re starting from the real world and offering a service which will help you take the first step.This is to get your work assessed and find out what you need to do to get it into the best shape for submission. This professional feedback provides a practical means of moving towards achieving your dreams.
Our expert script editor provides a two-tier service for scripts, plays and screenplays. He is a skilled professional with particular expertise in assessing and editing writing for performance.
This offers a first report of approximately three pages. It will look at the style, content, dramatic effectiveness and commercial potential of your screenplay, script or play, offering an overview of any work you should undertake to get it ready for submission. If you don’t know whether you have any real talent for scriptwriting, the Reader's Report is a good place to start.
Our fuller Editor’s Report offers a longer (around 6 pages) and more detailed assessment of your work, with a clear overview of what, if anything, you should do to improve it. If you think you need to rework what you have produced, we would recommend that you consider opting for the Editor’s Report. It does cost more, but it will give you the tools to rewrite and restructure your work, and get your writing to a more professional level.
What it costs
The Reader’s Report costs £140 and the Editor’s Report £250 on plays, scripts and screenplays up to a standard length of 50,000 words. If your manuscript is longer than this, please get in touch and we will quote you for the work.
These fees are payable in advance.
Getting your work to us
- Any notes on your work or specific requests should be emailed to us.
- We will also need to know the word count.
- Our expert script editor will only work on hard copy. We will provide you with the address to send the typescript to (paper copy only please) when you sign up for the service.
- Typescripts should be double-spaced and printed on one side of the paper only.
- The pages should be numbered consecutively.
- If you want your manuscript returned to you, please enclose a stamped addressed jiffy bag.
Your report will be emailed back to you. We would anticipate that the Reader’s Report will take around two weeks and the Editor’s report up to three weeks. We can confirm any likely delays relating to the editor’s availability when the work is commissioned.
|Services Stories Ordering Exchange calculator||Services for writers
We operate from the UK and under the financial rules and regulations of the UK
How WritersServices can help you...
- Forums (996)
- The Copyright Permission & Libel Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide for Writers, Editors, and Publishers (Wiley Books for Writers) - Lloyd J. Jassin, Steven C. Schechter (177)
- Word count to page (116)
- Which Amazon (97)
- The Forgotten Battle of Fulford 1066 - Charles Jones (91)
- About us (79)
- Resources (79)
- UK Literary Agent listing (72)